Friday 22 May 2009

How I became a crafter

I have always been passionate about craft and design, creating for me is a way of life its almost a part of me, without it life would be meaningless. However I wasn't always a crafter, when I left school I went straight into full time work and worked in various jobs including business administration, customer service and factory work, of which I always felt like I was a round peg trying to fit into a square hole. In my early twenties i decided to go back to college to do art and design, for the first time in years I felt I belonged this was me and I progressed naturally into doing a degree in fashion, the flame was ignited and I haven't stopped making and designing since.

After graduating I signed up with a business advisor and set about writing my business plan. After eight months hard slog including market research,I finished my business plan and was privileged to get a grant for the business, of which helped me set up a website and promote my products at craft and trade exhibitions. I have found working as a crafter to be like a roller coaster with lots of ups and downs, while the ups have been exhilarating the downs have been the best teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment